Terms & Conditions
1. For new students: a non-refundable registration fee of £10 and a deposit of £50 are required once a student decides to enroll on the course. The £50 deposit will be deducted from the first term invoice.
2. Once the term starts, fees are non-refundable. Fees will be refunded only if the student provides a medical certificate (see Refund Policy below).
3. Due date for school fees is 2 weeks before the new term starts. If the school fee is not paid by the 2nd week after the start of term there will be a £50 late fee penalty.
4. Students or parents must provide 6 weeks’ notice if they wish to withdraw from a course. If adequate notice is not given, then the School must be paid a fee for the full term
5. An annual fee is to be paid by 15 August of each year (a month before the new school year starts). Annual fee discount is 5%.
6. Sibling discount: 5% fixed for each sibling.
7. The school needs a MINIMUM of 6 students to open a class. Should the number fall below 6, parents or students will be informed in advance, the class will be treated as private tuition, the fees will then be charged in accordance with private tuition rates.
Fees are non-refundable except in the following circumstances:
1. If a class is closed within 3 weeks of the beginning of term due to insufficient enrolments, or reasons beyond our control, a pro-rata refund will be given.
2. Medical reasons (medical certificate required). A refund will only be given for illness which necessitates an absence of more than 3 consecutive weeks from a class. Please note that applications for refunds will only be accepted if they are received in the term during which the student withdraws.
3. If due to circumstances beyond our control a teacher leaves part way through a course and a suitable replacement is found, the course will continue and refunds will not be given.
4. Refunds will be made only on return of your enrolment receipt. Please keep your receipt throughout your course and take it to your first course.
5. Other than in the case of class closure an administrative charge will be made (£60 for the year 2016/17).
If you wish to transfer from one class to another you may be able to do so subject to availability and permission of the principal, the transfer must be made within the same term. Where a transfer is made to a less expensive course we cannot refund any difference in the fee.
HEALTH & SAFETY AND COMPLAINT PROCEDURES NECESSARY FOR UNDER 8’s
The school is opposed to discrimination, bullying, and bad behavior and will not tolerate it. The school aims to teach, stimulate, amuse and care for every child during class. Should you have a complaint, the procedure is to speak in confidence to: the teacher; the course co-coordinator; the administrator. We strongly recommend that parents with children under 8 remain on the premises in case of an emergency.
NON-SOLICITATION OF STAFF :
The parent/guardian of the child, the subject of this registration form, hereby agrees that during the term of this agreement and for the period of six months following its termination (howsoever terminated) that he/she will not seek to employ, entice away or attempt to entice away from the employment of Hua Hsia Chinese School any person or persons employed by the school at the date of termination of the agreement between Hua Hsia Chinese School and the parent/guardian. If the parent/guardian shall breach the aforementioned clause then he/she shall indemnify the school fully in respect of any and all costs, claims, damages and expenses incurred by the school as a result of the aforementioned breach to include, but not limited to, the cost of replacing the said member of staff, agency fees, advertising costs, management time in interviewing and all such other costs reasonably and necessarily incurred by Hua Hsia Chinese School in replacing the member of staff together with all legal fees and disbursement.